Get to know Badaam
Founded by: Priyanka Kaul 2017, Sydney, Australia
What does Badaam mean?
Almond in Indian and Persian languages.
About Priyanka: Studied fashion and textile design in Sydney Australia, also worked and taught experience design in Australia.
Grazia India magazine young fashion designer of the year (Indie section) 2019
Vogue India Upcoming (Designers to know in 2019)
Frankie magazine young designer awards finalist 2018, 2019
Sales: Pop up shops in Australia and online
Price point: $120-$650 AUD
- Source only natural fibres
- Employ handloom and handspun artisan communities, pattern makers and machinists.
- Visits to makers to ensure their working space is ethical and they are respected
- All dyes are Azo free and hand-dyed including those used on the yarn
- Small demand-based production scale